Thursday, December 4, 2008

Holding On To God's Promises While Waiting For Jesus To Calm The Storms In Your Life

I never thought that it would be possible for me to be in such a big mess. My life right now would be the living, breathing version of what the Psalmist described as "the darkest valley" in Psalm 23. Whichever way I turn, darkness engulfs me.

But I draw strength from the word of God. His promises are what keeps me from giving up. He promised that He will never leave me. He promised that I will never be tested beyond what I can bear. He commanded me not to fear. He has declared that He has made me as strong as a wild bull. He promised that He will give me all that I need if I live for Him and keep my faith in Him. He promised that He will avenge and vindicate me, giving me justice for all the times that I was oppressed. He promised that He is my protector and my deliverer. And He promised that one day, if I don't weary of doing good, He will reward me.

It will always be difficult to be joyful and hopeful when life seems bleak. But it is always during these times that we are suppose to keep our joy and to keep our faith. While our Lord sleeps amidst the storms of our lives, let us continue to praise God. Let us wake Him through our songs of praise instead of the jarring noise of our panic shouts for help.

Perhaps the Lord is just lying down with eyes closed, not really asleep, observing whether you'll remember His promises and trust that He'll keep them. Because after all, when we are in the deepest darkest valley, we tend to think that He doesn't see us, He doesn't hear us and that He has left us.

But the truth is, He just closed His eyes for a while to check your faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post. God Bless!