Thursday, July 17, 2008

When You're Tired of Everything... Let Go, Lean Back... God is There to Catch You and Carry You


I really feel like giving up on my life. Everything's a mess and the more I struggle, the more I feel like there's no hope. I have so many things on my mind. So many things that I wanna do. When I look around and see that it isn't working, I just wanna throw myself off a bridge.

It is then that God reminds me of a certain picture where Jesus is carrying a depressed man. I looked it up in my computer and I just cried. Despite everything, God is telling me, "It's alright to let go. You can lean back. I am here. I will catch you. I will carry you."

I am so tired of a lot of things. Tired of struggling. Tired of trying to fit in everyone's needs into my life. Trying to win everyone's affection and approval. I don't have to do these things anymore. I will just let go and lean back. Jesus is there, He will catch me for sure. And He will carry me through.

Surrender to God is such a sweet thing. My sins are forgiven. I, again, am made whole.

No comments: